Private Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul
Highlights in Istanbul Tour is a private walking tour with Serif Yenen or one of his colleagues from the Serif Yenen Private Guides Team.
Istanbul has such a diverse and rich history. It has been the capital of three great empires; the Roman, Byzantine (Eastern Roman) and the Ottoman. Although it is not the official capital anymore, it is still the cultural capital of the country.
There is so much to see or to do in this city. Visitors would normally need more than one day to explore Istanbul.
However, for those visitors who are coming to Istanbul for the first time and have rather limited time, we would recommend this tour for the first day of sightseeing in Istanbul.
The program will include visits to mosques, a cistern, a palace, a hippodrome, a bazaar and a panoramic terrace.
There will be a lunch stop (not included in the price) at a restaurant with good local food.
Come join us to discover the highlights in Istanbul.
Private Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul – Program Summary
(There may be changes in the program)
- The tour will start from the Sultanahmet area – details to be provided to registrants later.
- Orientation and short intro about the Byzantine and Ottoman history
- Byzantine Hippodrome
- Blue Mosque (Restoration work in progress, we will see it from outside)
- Hagia Sophia-Ayasofya Mosque
- Lunch break at a casual restaurant with good local food
- Topkapi Palace (Not enough time for the Harem section, or very limited time)
- Theodosius (Serefiye) Cistern
- Grand Bazaar
- The tour will end in the Grand Bazaar area.
- Let us remind you that ladies are required to wear scarves and decent clothing during mosque visits.
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays, therefore it will be replaced with Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum.
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, so it will be replaced with the Spice Bazaar.
- This tour is 6-7 hours, if you like to join a shorter version of this tour for about 3-4 hours, please click here: Short Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul
- This tour is a private tour only for you, no other participants.
- Discover the highlights in Istanbul with an expert guide.
- Lunch break will be at a very good casual local restaurant with traditional food
- Catch picturesque instants with your camera.
Meeting Point and Time:
- As this is a private tour only for you with no other participants, we can start the tour anytime you like.
- Depending on the location of your hotel, we may pick you up from your hotel by public transport or we may meet you at a certain point in the Old City.
Duration of the Tour:
- It will take about 6-7 hours.
- The price is $200.00 USD per person (Minimum 2 participants).
- Children up to the age of 6 are free.
- For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make online payment by clicking on “BOOK NOW” button on this page.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services by Serif Yenen or one of his team members.
- Orientation and introduction about the Byzantine and Ottoman history
- Some complimentary copies of Serif’s publications.
- Tea/coffee breaks.
What is not Included?
- Entrance fees and costs to the places to be visited.
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (Licence number: 8860)