Short Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul
Highlights in Istanbul Tour is a short private walking tour with Serif Yenen or one of his colleagues from the Serif Yenen Private Guides Team.
Istanbul has such a diverse and rich history. It has been the capital of three great empires; the Roman, Byzantine and the Ottoman. Although it is not the official capital anymore, it is still the cultural capital of the country.
There is so much to see or to do in this city. Visitors would normally need more than one day to explore Istanbul.
However, for those visitors who are coming to Istanbul for the first time and have rather limited time, we would recommend this short tour for the first day of sightseeing in Istanbul.
The program will include visits to mosques, a cistern, a hippodrome and a panoramic terrace.
There will be a lunch stop (not included in the price) at a restaurant with good local food.
Come join us to discover the highlights in Istanbul.
Short Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul – Program Summary
(There may be changes in the program)
- The tour will start from the Sultanahmet area and end in the Grand Bazaar area – details to be provided to registrants later.
- Orientation and short intro about the Byzantine and Ottoman history
- Byzantine Hippodrome
- Blue Mosque (Restoration work in progress, we will see it from outside)
- Hagia Sophia-Ayasofya Mosque
- Theodosius (Serefiye) Cistern
- Depending on the starting time, lunch break at a casual restaurant with good local food
- Grand Bazaar
- The tour will end in the Grand Bazaar area.
- Let us remind you that ladies are required to wear scarves and decent clothing during mosque visits.
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, so it will be replaced with the Spice Bazaar.
- This tour is short tour for about 3-4 hours, if you like to join a longer version of this tour for about 6-7 hours, please click here: Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul
- This tour is a private tour only for you, no other participants.
- Discover the highlights in Istanbul with an expert guide.
- Catch picturesque instants with your camera.
Meeting Point and Time:
- As this is a private tour only for you with no other participants, we can start the tour anytime you like.
- Depending on the location of your hotel, we may pick you up from your hotel by public transport or we may meet you at a certain point in the Old City.
Duration of the Tour:
- It will take about 3-4 hours.
- The price is $175.00 USD per person (Minimum 2 participants).
- Children up to the age of 6 are free.
- For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make online payment by clicking on “BOOK NOW” button on this page.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services by Serif Yenen or one of his team members.
- Orientation and introduction about the Byzantine and Ottoman history
- Some complimentary copies of Serif’s publications.
- Tea/coffee breaks.
What is not Included?
- Entrance fees and costs to the places to be visited.
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (Licence number: 8860)