Topkapı Palace is a private walking tour with Serif Yenen or one of his colleagues from the Serif Yenen Private Guides Team.
Topkapı Palace, the imperial residence of the Sultan, his court and Harem, was also the center of the state administration.
The Topkapı Palace was the Ottomans’ second palace in Istanbul. Its construction was started in 1459 and completed in 1478. As each succeeding sultan ascended to the throne, he added parts to the palace, indicating to us the different tastes and styles of architecture of four centuries. The changes were made for reasons of practicality, to commemorate victorious campaigns, or to repair damage caused by earthquakes and fire.
The Topkapı Palace housed each of the Ottoman Sultans from Sultan Mehmed II to Sultan Abdülmecid, covering nearly four centuries and 25 Sultans. In 1924 the palace was turned into a museum.
On this tour, we will focus on the Topkapi Palace covering the Harem section.
Depending on the time of the tour, we may have a lunch stop (not included in the price) at the palace restaurant with good food and view.
Come join us to discover the Ottoman Sultans’ way of living at the Topkapı palace.
Topkapı Palace – Program Summary
(There may be changes in the program)
- The tour will start from the Sultanahmet area – details to be provided to registrants later.
- Orientation and short intro about the Ottoman history
- Topkapı Palace
- Harem Quarters
- Depending on the starting time, lunch break
- Tea break
- The tour will end in the Topkapi Palace area.
- Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays.
- This tour is a private tour only for you, no other participants.
- Discover the Ottoman administration and the dynasty with an expert guide.
- Enjoy Topkapi Palace extensively with no rush.
Meeting Point and Time:
- As this is a private tour only for you with no other participants, we can start the tour anytime you like.
- Depending on the location of your hotel, we may pick you up from your hotel by public transport or we may meet you at a certain point in the Old City.
Duration of the Tour:
- It will take about 3-4 hours.
- The price is $250.00 USD per person (Minimum 2 participants).
- Children up to the age of 6 are free.
- For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make online payment by clicking on “BOOK NOW” button on this page.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services by Serif Yenen or one of his team members.
- Orientation and introduction about the Ottoman history
- Some complimentary copies of Serif’s publications.
- Entrance fees and costs to the places to be visited.
- Tea/coffee break.
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (Licence number: 8860)