Istanbul is one of the most unique cities in the world, where one can observe diverse daily life in a setting of ancient history and natural beauty. In the history of Istanbul many important people lived and contributed to the beauty of Istanbul. There is no doubt that one of the most important historical figures in the history of istanbul was Architect Sinan. He was the chief Ottoman architect and civil engineer for three sultans: Suleyman the Magnificent, Selim II, and Murad III. Sinan was in charge of the construction of more than 300 major structures. His apprentices would later design the Sultan Ahmed Mosque in Istanbul, Stari Most in Mostar, and help design the Taj Mahal in the Mughal Empire.
In this 6-hour tour and you will dive into the life of Sinan and explore his three important works in Istanbul, including a visit to the magnificent Suleymaniye Mosque, gorgeous Rustem Pasha Mosque and Şehzade Mosque. While you are visiting these places, you’ll enjoy tastings, including seasonal street foods and traditional drinks. You’ll explore both the historical and local life of Istanbul.
What we offer is a cultural, historical and culinary walking tour in Istanbul’s most delicious and historic neighbourhoods. This experience helps you understand the contemporary life, history and culture of the city. Few travellers, unfortunately, have the opportunity to have real tastes and tours of these places.
This tour includes food tastings as well as an “off-the-beaten-path” glimpse of life in Istanbul with a little bit of history, culture and architectural experiences by visiting Architect Sinan’s works. You will get to escape the tourist crowds and taste the best of what the city offers.
- Şehzade Mosque
- Bozdoğan (Valens) Aqueduct
- Famous Boza shop in Vefa
- Suleymaniye Mosque
- Bean and rice tasting in the Suleymaniye neighborhood
- Tea break
- Suleymaniye Bath
- Büyük Valide Han
- Rustem Pasha Mosque
- Dessert, coffee and kokoreç tasting
- Spice (Egyptian) Bazaar
- 6-hour culinary-culture themed walking tour in the footsteps of Architect Sinan,
- Visiting 3 important mosques designed by Architect Sinan,
- Tasting “boza”, one of the oldest Turkish beverages.
- Experience the religious, cultural, commercial and culinary aspects of daily life together. Learn about all these aspects from Serif Yenen, who is accomplished at culinary walks and history of Istanbul. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey: Turkish Odyssey. He wrote many other books and made films too. He is a specialist on travel in Turkey, and has developed this itinerary.
- A tasting journey going through cultural aspects.
- Spectacular panoramic points for photograph lovers,
- Explore the local neighbourhoods of Istanbul and feel the local atmosphere. Very few travellers do these.
- Tastings, bites & sips.
- Taste Turkish Coffee and tea with regional dishes and drinks on the go.
- See the beautiful Iznik Tiles in the Rustem Pasha Mosque.
- Get impressed by the magnificence of the Suleymaniye Mosque.
- Stroll through the 17th century Egyptian-Spice Bazaar inside and outside. Pick up some spices.
- Discover Istanbul’s most iconic street foods and drinks, such as kokoreç, local desserts, coffee and more.
- Vegetarian options are available. Vegetarians are welcome!
- Learn how world-famous Turkish coffee is made.
- This tour will also give you a chance to discover different aspects local life.
- Get restaurant suggestions for your stay during other days.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services of Serif Yenen
- Entrance to all the places listed
- Tastings, bites & sips during walks
- Coffee or tea breaks
- Bean and rice lunch
- Some complimentary copies of Serif Yenen’s publications
- 18% VAT (local tax)
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Your additional shopping expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Time and Point?
- Depending on the location of your hotel, we may pick you up from your hotel by public transport or we may meet you at a nearby place. We can start this tour anytime you like.
Duration of the Tour:
- It will take about 5-7 hours.
Where will the tour end?
- The tour will end in the Eminönü neighbourhood after visiting the Spice Market or we can help you to return to your hotel.
Price and Payment:
- The price is $175.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. Children between 4 and 11 will pay $120.00 USD only.
- For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make full payment.
- Minimum 2, maximum 6 guests would be ideal.
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (License number: 8860)