A Lecture on Istanbul by Serif Yenen
If you will visit Istanbul, it would be perfect for you to have some scholarly information about Istanbul as a summary. Let Serif Yenen do it for you. He will show you many photos and maps by simplifying every detail about Istanbul’s geography and history so well, so that everyone will understand Istanbul very easily.
Serif Yenen has given many similar lectures at many universities in the US and at the Smithsonian in Washington DC.
Program summary (Selections from the lecture program):
- The lecture will start with a summary on geography.
- Geographical information will be delivered.
- Information about the foundation of the city and then the story of the declaration of the city as the capital for the Roman Empire will continue.
- How did the city prosper?
- How was Christianity accepted as the official religion?
- How was the Roman Empire divided into two?
- The Byzantine Empire
- The Byzantine Architecture
- The Fall of the Byzantine Empire
- The Rise of the Ottoman Empire
- The Transition from the Ottoman Empire into the Modern Republic
Meeting Point and Time?
- Depending on your wish, we may do this lecture at your hotel or we may do it in our place in Cihangir near the Taksim Square, in this case we may pick you up from somewhere by public transport or we may meet you in Taksim Square.
- We can do this lecture anytime you like depending on our availability.
- This lecture is available everyday.
Duration of the Lecture?
- It will take about 1-2 hours.
Price and Payment:
- The price is $125.00 USD per person.
- For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make payment.
What is Included?
- Lecture services by Serif Yenen.
- Some complimentary copies of Serif’s publications.
- Tea/coffee breaks.
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Minimum 2, maximum 20 guests.