Istanbul has such a diverse and rich history. It has been the capital of three great empires; the Roman, Byzantine and the Ottoman. Although it is not the official capital anymore, it is still the cultural capital of the country.
Visitors would normally need more than one day to explore Istanbul.
For those visitors who are coming to Istanbul for the first time and have rather limited time, we would recommend a half day of sightseeing with visits to the highlights of Istanbul as follows:
- Byzantine Hippodrome
- Blue Mosque
- Hagia Sophia
Let us remind you that ladies are required to wear scarves and decent clothing during mosque visits.
On Mondays (in low season), Hagia Sophia is closed, therefore it will be replaced by Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum.
- See the remnants of the three great empires on the same day.
- Learn about all these places from Serif Yenen or a member of his team, who is accomplished at small-group walking tours. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey: Turkish Odyssey. He wrote many other books and made films too.
- No crowds, no queues! Authorised professional tour guides have priority ticket booths. Please note: We cannot skip the line at the Blue Mosque.
- You can ask all the questions you like.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services
What is not Included?
- Museum entrance fees stated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Point and Time?
- Meeting time: 9.00 a.m. You will meet your guide at a centrally located point (you will receive the details of the meeting place and the guide’s contact info by e-mail).
Duration of the Tour?
- It will start at 09:00 a.m. and end at about noon.
Where will the tour end??
- The tour will end in the Sultanahmet neighbourhood at about noon. We can recommend a restaurant and give you directions on how to get back.
Price and Payment:
- The price is $45.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. The children between 4 and 11 will pay $30.00 USD only.
- For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make full payment. If you decide to join our tours in the last minute, that is also possible, but there is no guarantee. The tour might have been cancelled or fully booked.
Capacity (minimum 3, maximum 12 guests):
- These are small group walking tours. The tours will operate with minimum three people and there will be maximum 12 people in the group. If the number of participants does not reach the minimum, the tour will be cancelled.
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licenced by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (License number: 8860)