Walking Tour of Highlights in Istanbul with Serif Yenen & Team
- See the remnants of the three great empires on the same day.
- Experience the religious, administrative and social aspects of history together.
- Learn about all these places from Serif Yenen or a member of his team, who is accomplished at small-group walking tours. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey: Turkish Odyssey. He wrote many other books and made films too.
- No crowds, no queues! Authorised professional tour guides have priority ticket booths.
- You can ask all the questions you like.
- In the Grand Bazaar, go to the backstreets and some specialty stores, which you would not find by yourselves easily.
Istanbul has such a diverse and rich history. It has been the capital of three great empires; the Roman, Byzantine and the Ottoman. Although it is not the official capital anymore, it is still the cultural capital of the country.
Visitors would normally need more than one day to explore Istanbul.
For those visitors who are coming to Istanbul for the first time and have rather limited time, we would recommend the first day of sightseeing with visits to the highlights of Istanbul as follows:
- Byzantine Hippodrome
- Blue Mosque
- Hagia Sophia
- Lunch break
- Topkapi Palace (Not enough time for the Harem section)
- Basilica Cistern
- Craft Shows
- Grand Bazaar
Let us remind you that ladies are required to wear scarves and decent clothing during mosque visits.
On Tuesdays, Topkapi Palace is closed, therefore it will be replaced by Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum. The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, so it will be replaced by the Spice Bazaar.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services
- Tea or coffee break during craft shows
- Craft shows with no obligation to buy anything
What is not Included?
- Museum entrance fees stated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Point and Time?
9.00 a.m. We will pick you up from the port and go to the Old City by public transportation. We will take you back to the port at the end of the tour.
Duration of the Tour?
It will start at 09:00 a.m. and end at about 5:00 p.m.
Price and Payment:
The price is $65.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. The children between 4 and 11 will pay $35.00 USD only.
For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make full payment. If you decide to join our tours in the last minute, that is also possible, but there is no guarantee. The tour might have been cancelled or fully booked.
Capacity (minimum 2, maximum 12 guests):
These are small group walking tours. The tours will operate with minimum two people and there will be maximum 12 people in the group.
Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licenced by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (License number: 8860)