- Experience the traditional and commercial aspects of local life together.
- Immerse into the local culture.
- Go beyond the regular and become true travelers.
- Visit off the beaten path and discover lesser known places in the bazaar area.
- Learn about all these places from Serif Yenen or his colleagues from his team. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey; “Turkish Odyssey”, and he wrote many other books and made films.
- See how and where locals work.
- Meet last generation artisans and observe how they and their craftsmanship are dying out.
- You can ask artisans in the bazaar all the questions you like.
- Your guide will recommend you good local gourmet restaurants.
- Drink Turkish tea where locals have their drinks.
- Visit stores with unique merchandise.
- Refuel yourselves in traditional cafes.
- See bazaars within the bazaar.
- Catch picturesque instants with your camera.
- Experience some traditional-style haggling with handshake.
Immerse Yourself into the Traditional & Commercial Life in the Grand Bazaar with Serif Yenen & Team
Grand Bazaar may be overwhelming for many people, but if you know what you are doing there, it is a fascinating experience.
With more than four thousand shops, it covers an area of more than 30 hectares, and it is one of the greatest and oldest bazaars in the world.
Grand Bazaar is a treasure trove for shoppers, especially those who are interested in the local culture and want the opportunity to interact with local people and take part in their customs. Vendors in the bazaar offer many unique and interesting things to buy. You can get anything here from silver and gold to antiques and food.
Come join us to discover the Grand Bazaar for a once in a lifetime experience. Let us:
- Start from one end of the bazaar,
- Stroll through the back streets,
- Explore the surrounding commercial buildings,
- Climb up roofs,
- Catch bargains,
- Meet artisans
- and finish on the other end.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services.
- Some complimentary copies of Serif’s publications.
- Tea breaks.
- All visits with no obligation to buy anything.
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Point and Time?
Depending on the location of your hotel, we may pick you up from your hotel by public transport or we may meet you at the bazaar.
We can start this tour anytime you like.
As the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays, this tour is not possible to make on Sundays.
Duration of the Tour?
It will take about 4-5 hours.
Price and Payment:
The price is $95.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. The children between 4 and 11 will pay $55.00 USD only.
For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make payment.
Minimum 2, maximum 6 guests would be ideal.
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (Licence number: 8860)