- 6-hour culinary-themed walking tour through Istanbul
- Experience the religious, cultural, commercial and culinary aspects of daily life together. Learn about all these aspects from Serif Yenen or a member of his team, who is accomplished at culinary walks. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey: Turkish Odyssey. He wrote many other books and made films too. He is a specialist on travel in Turkey, and has developed this itinerary.
- A tasting journey going from one continent to another on the same day. Istanbul is the only city in the world that is located on two different continents.
- Cross the Bosphorus by train, passing through the underwater tube at the bottom of the Bosphorus, and returning to Europe in a public boat.
- Explore neighbourhoods on the Asian side of Istanbul and feel the local atmosphere there. Very few travellers get there.
- 10+ tastings, bites & sips – with vendor demonstrations and much more!
- Taste a variety of “mezes” and regional dishes on the go.
- Step inside the Rustem Pasha Mosque to admire its world-famous colorful Iznik tiles and learn about Ottoman architecture and Islam.
- Stroll through the 17th century Egyptian-Spice Bazaar inside and outside. Pick up some spices.
- Discover Istanbul’s most iconic street foods, such as sea food, kokoreç, local desserts and many more.
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 9 people ensures personalized attention.
- With so many foods to try it’s difficult to get started. Let us guide you to the best dishes during this culinary tour.
- Vegetarian options are available. Vegetarians are welcome!
- This tour will allow you to try a few different means of public transportation, which will be great fun. You can even throw bread to the seagulls from the ferry. They will be expecting that.
- Learn how world-famous Turkish coffee is made.
- Create your own Turkish Delight! Choose ingredients and decide on the topping!
- This tour will also give you a chance to discover different types of food markets in Istanbul.
- Meet and engage with local food artisans and restaurant owners if they are available.
- Get restaurant suggestions for your stay during other days.
- Finish with an optional visit to a ceramics workshop with a live show, if you wish.
Culinary Walking Tour of Istanbul with Serif Yenen & Team
Istanbul is one of the most unique cities in the world, where one can observe diverse daily life in a setting of ancient history and natural beauty. The people of Istanbul are also unique, making up a cultural mosaic of different national, ethnic, cultural and religious origins. This rich international culture is apparent also in cuisines, food and eating styles of Istanbul. The bustling city of Istanbul is internationally and locally famous for its mouth-watering cuisine.
Join this 6-hour food tour and dive into the sights, scents and tastes of Istanbul, including a visit to the magnificent Rustem Pasha Mosque and an optional ceramic-making workshop. Arrive with an empty stomach and an open mind, as you’ll enjoy more than 10 delicious tastings, including traditional mezes and seasonal street food. You’ll explore both the European and Asian sides of Istanbul, take part in a Turkish Delight-making class and learn the art of brewing Turkish coffee. This small-group tour is limited to 9 people.
On this tour, let us take you to the places that locals cherish for a foodie experience of daily life that you won’t soon forget.
What we offer is a cultural and culinary walking tour with food tastings through Istanbul’s most delicious and historic neighbourhoods. These culinary experiences help you understand the contemporary life and culture of the city. Few travellers, unfortunately, have the opportunity to have real tastes and tours of these places.
This tour includes food tastings from the best and hidden local food shops, ethnic eateries, and local small and casual restaurants, as well as an “off-the-beaten-path” glimpse of life in Istanbul with a little bit of history, culture, architecture, and local experiences. You will get to escape the tourist crowds and taste the best of what the city offers.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services
- Public transportation (The new cross-continental tube at the bottom of the Bosphorus, dolmus, public boat and public tram)
- 10+ tastings, bites & sips
- Coffee or tea breaks
- Turkish Delight Workshop
- Workshop on Ceramics (optional)
- 18% VAT (local tax)
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Your additional shopping expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Time and Point?
09:30 a.m. You will meet your guide at a centrally located point around the Spice Bazaar in Eminönü (You will receive the details of the meeting place by e-mail).
Duration of the Tour:
Everyday, it will start at 09:30 a.m. and end at about 03:00-03:30 p.m. It is approximately a 6-hour tour.
Price and Payment ($125.00 USD per person):
The price is $125.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. Children between 4 and 11 will pay $85.00 USD only.
For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make full payment. (It is possible to join a scheduled tour at the last minute only if the tour is not fully booked.)
Capacity (minimum 2, maximum 9 guests):
This tour will operate with minimum of two people and a maximum of 9 people in the group.
Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (Licence number: 8860)