Istanbul is one of the most unique cities in the world, where one can observe diverse daily life in a setting of ancient history and natural beauty. The people of Istanbul are also unique, making up a cultural mosaic of different national, ethnic, cultural and religious origins. This rich international culture is apparent also in cuisines, food and eating styles of Istanbul. The bustling city of Istanbul is internationally and locally famous for its mouth-watering cuisine.
Join this 3-hour food tour and dive into the sights, scents and tastes of Istanbul, including a visit to the magnificent Rustem Pasha Mosque and the Egyptian-Spice Bazaar. Arrive with an empty stomach and an open mind, as you’ll enjoy more than 7 delicious tastings, including traditional mezes and seasonal street food.
On this tour, let us take you to the places that locals cherish for a foodie experience of daily life that you won’t soon forget.
What we offer is a cultural and culinary walking tour with food tastings through Istanbul’s most delicious and historic neighbourhood. These culinary experiences help you understand the contemporary life and culture of the city. Few travellers, unfortunately, have the opportunity to have real tastes and tours of these places.
This tour includes food tastings from the best and hidden local food shops, ethnic eateries, and local small and casual restaurants, as well as an “off-the-beaten-path” glimpse of life in Istanbul with a little bit of history, culture, architecture, and local experiences. You will get to escape the tourist crowds and taste the best of what the city offers.
- 3-hour culinary-themed walking tour through Istanbul
- Experience the religious, cultural, commercial and culinary aspects of daily life together. Learn about all these aspects from Serif Yenen or a member of his team, who is accomplished at culinary walks. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey: Turkish Odyssey. He wrote many other books and made films too. He is a specialist on travel in Turkey, and has developed this itinerary.
- 7+ tastings, bites & sips – with vendor demonstrations and much more!
- Taste a variety of “mezes” and regional dishes on the go.
- Step inside the Rustem Pasha Mosque to admire its world-famous colorful Iznik tiles and learn about Ottoman architecture and Islam.
- Stroll through the 17th century Egyptian-Spice Bazaar inside and outside. Pick up some spices.
- Discover Istanbul’s most iconic street foods, such as sea food, kokoreç, Turkish coffee and many more.
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 9 people ensures personalized attention.
- With so many foods to try it’s difficult to get started. Let us guide you to the best dishes during this culinary tour.
- Vegetarian options are available. Vegetarians are welcome!
- Learn how world-famous Turkish coffee is made.
- Meet and engage with local food artisans and restaurant owners if they are available.
- Get restaurant suggestions for your stay during other days.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services
- 7+ tastings, bites & sips
- Coffee or tea break
- 18% VAT (local tax)
What is not Included?
- Personal expenses
- Your additional shopping expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Time and Point?
09:30 a.m. You will meet your guide at a centrally located point around the Spice Bazaar in Eminönü (You will receive the details of the meeting place by e-mail).
Duration of the Tour:
Everyday, it will start at 09:30 a.m. and end at about noon. It is approximately a 3-hour tour.
Where will the tour end?
The tour will end in the Sirkeci neighbourhood.
Price and Payment ($80.00 USD per person):
The price is $80.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. The children between 4 and 11 will pay $55.00 USD only.
For confirmation of the tour, we kindly ask you to make full payment. (It is possible to join a scheduled tour at the last minute only if the tour is not fully booked.)
Capacity (minimum 2, maximum 9 guests):
This tour will operate with minimum of two people and a maximum of 9 people in the group.
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (License number: 8860)