Istanbul is the only city in the world which is located on two different continents. Let us start the day in Europe, cross the Bosphorus Strait to reach Asia. No passports are required!
These are off the beaten paths and help us a lot in understanding the contemporary city. Very few travelers do these.
- Cross the Bosphorus by train, passing through the underwater tube at the bottom of the Bosphorus.
- Walking tour in Üsküdar on the Asian side of Istanbul with visits to the market and Architect Sinan’s Mosque
- Visit one of the most modern mosques in Turkey by a woman interior designer, Sakirin Mosque in the Karacaahmet Cemetery
- Public Transportation to Kadiköy
- Market Street in Kadiköy
- Lunch at a Local Gourmet Restaurant
- Turkish Coffee Experience
- Back to Europe by public ferry from Kadiköy
- A workshop on Turkish Delights
- Unique experience of two continents in one day.
- Step on Asia.
- Experience the traditional, commercial, architectural and social aspects of local life together.
- Immerse into the local culture.
- Visit off the beaten path and get to know the other face of Istanbul.
- Go beyond the regular and become true travelers.
- Learn about all these places from Serif Yenen or his associates. Serif is the author of one of the best cultural guidebooks of Turkey: Turkish Odyssey and many others.
- See how and where locals live.
- You can ask all the questions you like.
- Your guide will recommend you good local gourmet restaurants.
- Drink Turkish Coffee where locals have their coffee.
- Learn how to make Turkish Delight and taste it.
What is Included?
- Professional tour guide services
- Public transportation (The new cross-continental tube at the bottom of the Bosphorus, dolmus, public boat and public tram)
- Tea break
- Turkish Delight workshop
What is not Included?
- Turkish coffee break
- Personal expenses
- Gratuity to the guide (optional)
Meeting Point and Time?
Depending on the location of your hotel, we may pick you up from your hotel by public transport or we may meet you at a suitable place. We can start this tour anytime between 09:00 and 10:00 a.m.
Duration of the Tour?
It will take about 6-7 hours.
Where will the tour end?
The tour will end in the Karaköy neighbourhood, we can also help you to return to your hotel.
Price and Payment: $85.00 USD per person
The price is $85.00 USD per person. Children up to the age of 3 are free. The children between 4 and 11 will pay $55.00 USD only.
For the confirmation of the tour, we will kindly ask you to make payment.
Minimum 2, maximum 6 guests would be ideal.
This tour is operated by A-group Travel Agency “Serif Yenen Travel” licensed by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism (License number: 8860)